Hello, Android

I skipped thru half a dozen "Hello, World!" examples of Android over the past week.  None of them were better than the ones available at http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/hello-world.html which have not only the "Hello World", but also a section called "Hello Views".

Creating a new Android project in Eclipse already "Hello, World"'s for you, so I probably wasted some time flipping thru the different examples of that.  The views however are numerous and varied.  I had time to page thru the examples for several Layouts (a way to style views) including Linear, Relative, Table, and Grid.  The grid example is the most exciting, since it also gives you a taste of event management and introduces you to a "Toast" (brief informational message, think JavaScript alert) as well.  I can see using this to get "iconic" with an app's design very easily.

I've been tossing around in my head project ideas for my first toy project, post intro.  I'm considering some type of RPG style game, perhaps emulating or using the in-app billing features.  It just seems to be a very compelling business model.  The Free-To-Play model let's people try before they buy, and then to pay only what they think the game is worth.  I think this is going to be one of the major payment models for games for a long time to come.

One of the difficult things about a RPG whoever is that it seems to defy attempts to structure the experience.  I think this is why it works so well in meat-space around a table, and always seems to be missing something while around a screen.  Trying to figure out how to organize this code is going to be a challenge, especially since I'll need to take android development idioms into account as I learn them.

Hopefully, I'll find some examples online.  I'm starting my exploration with the StackExchange question below.
http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/1497/where-can-i-find-good-well-organized-examples-of-game-code